Authors: Francesco Fedele, Joseph Brennan, Sonia…
The project kicked off with a one day workshop held at UCD on Thursday, 19 April 2012. An important aspect of the workplan was to bring together leading researchers in various aspects of both optics and ocean wave science to identify new possibilities for collaboration and interaction. To this end a programme was assembled that provided an overview of the research field in general, and described some of the specific goals of the project:
- Opening and welcome by the UCD president
- Speech by the Chief Scientific Adviser to the Government
- Overview of the ERC project MULTIWAVE and an Introduction to Rogue Waves
- Extreme Wave Science in Detail: Invited Talks by Specialists
- Panel Discussion The workshop aimed to be a forum to survey the open problems in the field.